Sunday, March 7, 2010

SNOW!!!

Are you looking for something inexpensive to do? Do you like to have fun? Do you like to get out of Provo?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I have the perfect thing for you: playing in the snow! This past weekend my friends and I went up to the canyon with our sleds to find an adventure and it was so fun!


You can go anywhere up the Canyon, but we went up past Sundance on the Alpine Loop and parked once we got to the parking lot at the end of the road. This is a great place to go play in the snow because it is easy to get to, the snow is deep (and fun!), and there are other people there so it is safe, but it is not overpopulated. I absolutely love going up there because it is so beautiful and it is a great place to escape to!

If you walk around and towards the mountain you can easily find a place to go sledding. I personally have never been good at following the same path everyone else is on, so my friend and I made our own path. If you don't like getting snowy and wet, I wouldn't recommend this because I fell into numerous holes and ended up waist deep in snow a few times, but I personally loved it!

There are so many great places to go up the canyon to play in the snow and go sledding! Just make sure you know what you are doing, where you are and dress for the snow, because I got really wet in jeans! I can't wait to go back up the canyon to play in the snow and I strongly recommend that you go before Spring comes. Just remember, there is an adventure waiting for you, so go find it!

6 comments:

  1. I love sledding!!! I have been meaning to go but have not found the time yet. I am so glad there are many places to go play in the snow. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diversity in weather is what keeps me here in Provo. We get it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to enjoy the snow while it lasts. Spring is coming! I'll have to get in a few more sledding trips before the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sledding is definitely one of the few things that help me enjoy the snow. It truly is fun to spend a day in the snow as long as you are dressed properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So i hate the snow!!! whats something i could do besides playing in the snow. (It can be fun though I agree.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sledding! I am so sad that i haven't had a chance to go this year...and at this point I don't htink I will! But this looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete