Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring is in the Air!


For those of you who hate winter it is time for you to celebrate, because Spring is in the air! Put away that winter jacket, snow boots and all of your snow gear, and get ready for some warmer weather!

I absolutely love Springtime because there are so many things that you can do outside that you haven't been able to do all winter long. So I have decided that I would put a list together of things that I think you should each go do to celebrate spring and the coming of summer!

1. Get a group together and play kickball in the park - we did this last week for FHE and it was so much fun to be able to run around WITHOUT a jacket, mittens and a hat! When it gets warmer it is really fun to play water kickball, but I think it is too cold right now.

2. Take a drive up Provo Canyon - with all of the snow melting it is absolutely beautiful up the Canyon!

3. Hike Bridal Veil Falls - this is a must everyone! It's my favorite thing to do in Provo and you can even make into a really fun date!

4. Have a picnic in the park - this doesn't need to be anything elaborate, but grab some sandwiches, a blanket, someone you can talk to and head anywhere you can sit on the grass!

5. Run outside - it's time to pull out your running shoes! This is the perfect time to run outside because it isn't too hot and it isn't too cold!

6. Go for a bike ride - if you don't have a bike then you can rent one or try something daring and rent a tandem bike!

7. Water fight - I may be a 5 year old but I still love to get in water fights! Just go get some water balloons or a squirt gun and go crazy! (I recommend doing this when the sun is out!)

8. Climbing trees - if you have never climbed a tree at Kwanis Park then you need to get off the computer right now and go! The trees there are perfect for climbing.

9. Play a game of horse - who doesn't love a little friendly competition that reminds you of middle school!

10. Go on a nature tour - with Spring comes beautiful flowers, so go for a walk or drive and observe the beautiful world all around you!

Spring is here and summer is coming, so it is time to get outside and have some fun! Regardless of what you do just have fun and remember there is an adventure waiting for you, so go find it!

5 comments:

  1. One of the great things about Utah, I think, is that there is some much to do outside during the summer. Summers here are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. My favorite semesters are the spring and summer. it is just so beautiful and there is so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. There's so much to do here in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the weather is just taunting us. I want to do all of those fun things... but then it snows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the sun is here to stay and the cold has said goodbye for now. These ideas look really fun!!! Thanks for all the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete