Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bridal Veil Falls


My very favorite place to go in Provo is Bridal Veil Falls! I have been waiting all winter to go up there and hike to the falls. Sadly, there is too much snow up there right now. I went up yesterday and I wouldn't recommend hiking to the falls because it is really cold and there is a lot of snow. Give it a few weeks though and it will be the perfect hike!

To get to Bridal Veil Falls you drive up Provo Canyon for about ten minutes and it's on the right side. The reason Bridal Veil is so great, is that it is an easy hike and it is absolutely beautiful. It takes about 10-15 minutes to hike up to the middle of the waterfall. Here you can cross the stream and feel the mist of the falls!

Most people only hike up to the first part of the falls, but you are able to hike up to the upper falls or the very top of the falls. I have never been to the top but I am planning on doing it as soon as the weather will permit! I will let you know how it goes!

If you are looking for a fun and easy hike, I would definitely recommend Bridal Veil Falls! Just remember there is an adventure waiting for you, so go find it!

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go! As soon as my knee is better that will be the first hike I take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bridal Veils! I especially love the walking trail that starts at the falls...I can't wait until summer so I can go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this hike. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many things in provo that I have never heard about...this is one of them. I can't wait to go hike it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete