Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love walking!!!

The easiest thing to do outside in Provo is to go for a walk. There are a million places to walk, things to see and people to visit. I personally like to walk to all of the various parks around Provo or just walk around in gerneral. It is easy to walk around Provo and it is really good for you! Since it has been so warm outside the last few weeks, you really should step outside and get some fresh air by walking somewhere.

How to be fit.com gives 8 reasons why you should walk, which are

1.You'll get fitter
2. You'll lose weight
3. It's simple
4. It's sociable
5. You'll be less stressed
6.It's flexible
7. Everyone can do it
8. You will develop exceptional muscle tone
To read more about these check out http://www.howtobefit.com/eight-reasons-to-walk.htm

Along with these reasons, I love to walk around Provo because you can be active, experience the fresh air, socialize with your friends and it is also a great way to get to know the area and understand directions. Just make sure not to walk around when the air quality is bad and be careful when crossing the street because Provo drivers are crazy.
Go for a walk, I promise you will love it! Just remember there is always an adventure waiting for you, so go find it!

6 comments:

  1. So true. I went on a Sunday walk for the first time in a REALLY long time and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to walking!!! I love it too. I don't have a car here so walking is a must for me. It has reaped so many benefits too. It really is the best stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really should start organizing my schedule so i can walk to campus, but usually my job and the time constraints that i have won't allow me to do so. i agree with you... walking is awesome and i need to do more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. walking is great. I've missed walking to school these last few weeks. It is one of the best ways to relieve stress and is a great time to think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the EASIEST thing to do outside in provo might actually be to lay down and fall asleep...though, depending on the time of year, that might actually be the HARDEST thing to do.

    ReplyDelete